Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sore Throats And Having Blood In Your Phlegm

The era of the books

Hi back, due to the recent opening of the book fair I wish we could discuss some of the novels, short stories, in order for any literary text not that we loved. Those texts produced before and after in our approach to the world ...



Getting Started ... there are so many books that I liked. I will just divide the books into three categories:

National Authors:

Cortázar's stories. Endgame In particular, untimely, The Island at Noon, Letters of Mama and many more. Actually I think Cortazar is a valuable author, his work has always been very well written but above each story or novel (Hopscotch) leaves a strong message.

Moreover, another gem in Argentina has been Jorge Luis Borges. Compilation of stories that I liked most of the author is fiction and in particular a fantastic story called The Circular Ruins, where reality ends up in fantasy. Authors

International: English

One author I really liked is George Orwell, with his novels Animal Farm and 1984. The first is an analogy (and also a critique of power) of the Russian Revolution of 1917, a book cortito and quick to read, but very interesting. 1984 is an excellent novel from a company controlled by a totalitarian regime a critique of the man himself. I was very impressed after reading it and really recommend it deeply.

Essayists:

Eduardo Galeano. I liked very Galeano for his way of seeing the world, of complaints of injustice and to constructively challenge the reality. Among his books I liked The Open Veins of Latin America and The Book of Embraces.

Fernando Savater. I think this author is a great thinker who has been strongly convey their ideas and critical analysis of reality. Among his works are: Ethics and Politics for Amador.

There are so many fantastic books I've probably forgotten to include, but I want to hear you and your literary tastes! Sorry

0 comments:

Post a Comment